Michael Brady Inc., in a joint venture with Treanor Architects, provided planning and design for the new, $11.6 million, 233 bed Campbell County Justice Center. The facility was phased and included the following scope.
- Ramp and breezeway between new jail and old jail
- Northwestern corner of old jail where new kitchen/laundry/district attorney’s offices are to be built
- Northern wing of courthouse annex and old jail
- Existing connector between courthouse and courthouse annex
Demolition was planned to allow the existing kitchen and laundry to remain functional until new facility is complete.
- Judge’s office
- District Attorney’s office
- Court Clerk’s office
- Kitchen and Laundry
- Connectors between existing jail and new facility
- Addition to Sheriff’s Department
The design included a retaining wall to allow natural light to the lower levels.
Site work included re-grading the area between the courthouse annex and courthouse; and re-grading between courthouse annex and street. Re-working of the entrance/exterior of the courthouse annex and landscaping were also completed.